Friday 9 October 2015

Simulacra zine

A new Zine for contemporary photography, Simulacra, is being launched in Edinburgh this evening from 6-9pm at project space, Bargain Spot. There are 3 photographers featured in each issue. This month's theme is on Oblivion.





The editors chose some images from my book project called Fleetway, a Story in Twelve Photo Fails for the zine. This project began with a film failure. After initial disappointment, I began to find the images interesting, perhaps more arresting than anything I could consciously take. I wanted to talk about photography and my own insecurities as a maker. The camera, film and objects in the photographs come alive in this alternative telling of how these images came into being. The film, however flawed it at first appears, has in fact its own logic, we just have to look for it.

The project will soon be a book published by Compartmentsee Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment